Licensed Blood Bank of Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Ram Nagar, Rajpura, Distt. Patiala is fully functional as per provisions of the ‘Drugs and Cosmetics Act/Rules’ for operating blood banks. The license for whole blood /blood components has been obtained from the Drug Controller (G) India, Central License Approving Authority. The Blood Bank is providing whole human blood/blood components to the indoor patients and also to the private hospitals/nursing homes of the region round the clock at nominal testing/processing/service charges.
Salient features of blood bank
- Quality blood/blood components available round the clock.
- Round the clock blood donation, components processing & supply.
- Equipped with state of the art equipments (Baxter / Terumo Penpol / Bio-Rad / Johnson & Johnson / Remi).
- Blood safety: Special stress on voluntary blood donations. 70 % blood is being collected from voluntary donors.
- 50 % collected blood is processed into components.
- Each blood unit is screened for Transfusion Transmitted infections (Anti-HIV, anti-HBsAg, anti-HCV, Syphilis, and Malarial Parasite)
- Kits approved by Govt. of India are used only.
- Donors screened ‘REACTIVE’ for infectious markers are informed & counseled.
- Quality control tests are carried out on blood bags, reagents, kits, blood components.
Compatibility testing is carried out by Column Agglutination Technique using Johnson & Johnson Biovue system.
FACILITIES PROVIDED ROUND THE CLOCK BLOOD/ BLOOD PRODUCTS:
- Whole Blood
- Packed Red Blood Cells
- Platelet Concentrate
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Fresh Frozen Plasma
- Cryoprecipitate (factor-viii)
DIAGNOSTIC FACILITIES AVAILABLE
- Blood Grouping (cell Grouping & Serum Grouping)
- Direct Coombs Test (DCT)
- Indirect Coombs Test (ICT)
- Antibody Titration