Library is not a place which is built by mortar and bricks. It is soul of books and books are related to literature. Literature is the mirror of life. Books are linked with education. Education is the only mean to search truth. Books play very significant role in every body’s life. Clearly library is merely a single place where everyone can pacify its thirst for knowledge. It is reservoir of knowledge. Here we can fine tranquility without wandering.
Our library build air-conditioned and equipped with computer and has a seating accommodation of 500 readers. Besides the two main reading halls there is reading rooms in the journal section and Outer Reading Hall for studying personal books. The library has a collection of over 5836 which include books, text books, reference books, journals, newspapers and magazines.
Our computer section has 25 computers with the connectivity of INTERNET.
|Location||It is conveniently located in the Medical College building with close proximity to Lecture hall and Department of Anatomy and Biochemistry|
|Area||Total Area 18377.22 Sq. Ft.|
- Total silence is to be observed in the Library.
- Books lost or damaged are to be paid for or replaced.
- Reference books, magazines, current journals, reserved books and newspaper are not issued.
- Writing, marking or underlining , disfiguring of the library books in any manner is absolutely forbidden.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library premises.
- Books are generally issued for 14 days and it can be reissued if not requested by any other member.
- Two books and two older issues of journals are issuable to a member concurrently.
- Cell phones have got to be on vibration only before entering in the library. A fine of Rs. 10 /-shall be leviable on any mobile sound /alarm /ringtone.
- Any book may be recalled if necessary for the special reasons e.g. physical verification etc.
- Fine of Rs 10/-per day per book shall be leviable in case of default in returning books /journals etc beyond the date of return.
- Spitting and smoking is strictly prohibited.
- CIRCULATION SERVICES
- CATALOGUING SERVICES
- REPROGRAPHIC SERVICES
- INTERNET BROWSING SERVICES
- BINDING SERVICES
- STACK LIBRARY SECTION
- REFERENCE SECTION
- READING HALL SECTION
- COMPUTER SECTION
- STAFF READING SECTION
- MAGAZINE SECTION
- PHOTO-COPIER SECTION
- BINDING SECTION
- AUDIO-VISUAL SKILLS LAB