Nephrology is dedicated to the understanding of kidney disease,their development,progression, treatment and prevention. Haemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis are available for patients who are critically ill and are in need of renal replacement therapy.
Dialysis Unit: Dialysis is a procedure which removes the waste materials from the human body. To keep the patient of kidney failure alive and well, dialysis is required to be done regularly.
There are 2 types of dialysis:
Haemodialysis: Haemodialysis is a technique in which blood is taken out of the body through special tubings and passed through a filter with the help of a machine. Each session of haemodialysis lasts for about 4 hours and has to be done 2-3 times a week.
Haemodialysis facility at Gian Sagar Hospital
- State of the art dialysis unit
- Equipped with Sixteen machines (expandable up to 20)
- Latest fully computerised haemodialysis machines
- Highly purified RO water for dialysis
- Experienced Technicians
- Much cheaper than other hospitals.
Peritoneal Dialysis : Peritoneal dialysis is a slower process in which the natural lining inside the abdomen (Peritoneum) is used for removing the waste materials from the body.
The advantages of CAPD:
- It can be performed at home.
- The patient does not have to travel to the hospital
- No needles are required andtherefore it is painless
- Patient needs less restriction of water and foods
- Patients who wish to opt for CAPD can be treated and trained at Gian Sagar hospital.
- PERITONEAL DIALYSIS