Physiotherapy is a health care profession which provides services to individuals in order to develop maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout life.
Our team of trained professionals in the Physiotherapy Department emphasizes on the patient’s day-to-day functioning and enhancing their quality of life. Our goal is to design a unique programme for recovery, health and wellness that fits each patient’s needs.
Each therapist is a trained professional in neurology, orthopaedic, cardiopulmonary and critical care. We draw on the expertise of each professional, as needed, to treat people with different types of problems, ranging from sports injuries and low back pain to serious neurological injuries such as spinal cord injury or brain injury.
Patient education being such an important part of delivering medical and service excellence, our therapists incorporate patient education in the daily rehabilitation of patients.
The goal of rehabilitation is to maximize the patient’s functions and to help the patient return as an active participant in the community. Rehabilitation can help the patient gain the skills needed to be more self-sufficient.
Treatment focuses on reduction of pain and swelling, improvement in range of motion, healing of soft tissue structures, soft tissue relaxation, pre and post-operative management, improvement in gross and fine motor skills, balance and co-ordination, strength and endurance as well sensory and cognitive integration, with the effective utilization of manual therapy and electrical modalities
The goal of the rehabilitation team is to help patients achieve optimal recovery of function and movement, and enhance the overall quality of life through:
- Promotion of fitness and healthcare.
- Prevention of disabilities.
- Identifying causes for dysfunction (like pain, muscle tightness)
- Treatment and rehabilitation of dysfunctions.
- Maximizing independence in activities of daily living.
- Patients are referred to Physiotherapy Department from Orthopedic, Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Burns and plastic Surgery, Gynae and Obs., Surgery, ENT, CTVS, Dermatology, Dental, Pediatrics Surgery and Pediatrics Department.
- Alternatively patients can come directly in OPD.
- IPD- Patients admitted in Hospital Wards and ICU’s are seen for Chest Physiotherapy and other treatments as and when referred by consulting Physicians.